Re: Octoberfest tires by Ryan

I've had a set of Falken Azenis Sports on my '97 540 for about 6 weeks,
using them both as a street tire and autocross tire at the moment.

They are the "hot lick" in street tires for autocross right now and they
seem to wear OK on the street, but after some hard use in autocross or the
track (I've done both in the last month), they sound like Monster truck
tires!  They also have a stiff ride as they are built for competition use
and maybe a bit of directional instability and I'm sure they are not good
deep-water rain tires.  However, they will get you there and back if you
dont want to take a change of tires, and they are very good on the track
as well as autocrossing...and fairly inexpensive.

However, I'm going to probably go to the Kuhmo 712's for general street
use once I get another set of wheels as I want to get back to a softer,
quiet street ride.  My wife and kid now complain about car sickness (of
course that has nothing to do with my driving :))   I've heard generally
good things about the Kuhmo 712's and the price is right.