Re: 1994 540i Auto Transmission Service and Fluid

on 8/20/02 12:07 PM, Henri Baccouche at henrib@domain.elided wrote:

> You missed my point.......Changing the fluid may not help.
I got it.

> What I am suggesting is that it may be more of a hardware failure than a
> "lifetime" fluid  issue.
> The fluid may not be the problem........
Now we talk about the, "Chicken or the egg" problem.  When fluid oxidizes it
loses its lubricating properties, hence, increased wear.  Increased wear is
bad for everything.

> The transmission rebuilders are not recommending that you change the
> "lifetime" fluid on this trans.....
> either....... :
Why should they, it is in their best interest to sell you a rebuilt
tranny...