Irwindale Speedway - Scariest night of my life

We went to Irwindale Speedway http://www.irwindalespeedway.com/ to catch some
drag racing for fun last night. I was hoping to see some bmwbs b:

Irwindale Speedway is open on Thursday nights to prevent street racing.  It's
put on by the Irwindale / Los Angeles Police department.

Anyways, we were in the stands for about an hour, watching races and whatnot,
and at 10 pm some dude started shooting, literally a few feet from us!

Everyone hit the deck, the announcer thought it was a backfire, and announced
"Everyone stay where you are, stay calm".  In a really soft calm voice.
Meanwhile shots were going off, people were screaming, and everyone evacuated.

I was one of the first people to run outta the stands.  I was outta there the
second I heard the first gunshot.  I knocked people over, people were
screaming, jumping from the stands, knocking each other over, tripping over
the bleachers, some were ducking in the stands...

My friend Ryan, was like a deer in headlights.  Everyone hit the deck, and was
yelling, Ryan stayed put, and watched.  Completely froze up.  Even after we
yelled/pushed him.  He saw a guy get hit, and fall on the stands head first.
The guy who fell is the same one who later died...

Cops came, surrounded the guys as they were trying to leave -- choppers,
everything.  When we were leaving, the cops had guns drawn on their getaway
car.  Turns out they got them and arrested him and his friends...

The news this morning said 3 people were shot, 1 dead -- Ibm sick of the
immature people out there that have to go and ruin a good, fun, family event
and try to be "macho" or whatever cause someone "disrespected" them....

Things like this make me want to leave So. Cal. and the car scene altogether.

- -Mike