Re: E36 Squeaking Noise

>From: alex.fadeev@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: E36 Squeaking Noise
>
>Check the sway bar links and mounts.
>The rear E36 sway bar mounts are a known week spot and >may have started
>coming apart. Or it could be something as simple as a >loose sway bar link.
>If you have aftermarket springs or sway bars, the bar >may also be rubbing
>against the arm. So check for any rub marks while you >are in there.

I have a perhaps related issue. On my 92 e36 I have put in
shocks/springs/bars from an M3 (95 I think). One of the suspension links
just barely brushes the rear antiroll bar when the suspension is compressed.
The touching is about one foot inboard of the wheel. I have checked and
rechecked this and all the bolts are tight, and there does not seem to be
any kind of adjustment possible. It has been like this for a couple of
years, but is annoying me everytime I look at the bottom of the car. Any
suggestions? The rear shock mounts are pretty new, so that is not it.
Thanks
Greg
g_steinke@domain.elided