RE: New List Member with question about E36 (325IS)

I have this problem with my *front* wheels.  Well, it's not a crunching
sound, more of a metallic clanking just like when cars had hubcaps and
you'd get a stone in it.

A visual inspection shows nothing wrong and the bounce test on the
shocks seems normal.  Any idea what this might be?

>>Carl has a very good point about rear shock mounts (RSMs). If you
haven't replaced yours in the last 30-50K miles, chances are they are
shot. One typical sign of failure are crunching/clunking sounds from the
rear wheels when driving over bumps or fast road dips.<<