Re: Tweeter Pod in the Plastic Triangle

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Monty Hogan wrote:

> I'm in the process of upgrading the stereo in my E30s, and the
> biggest hurdle right now is trying to remove the glued-in tweeters
> from the triangular holding pieces. Has anyone successfully done
> so, and without destroying the tweeter or the plastic holder?
> Right now I'm slowly scraping away at the old glue with dentist
> tools--but plaque seems to be an easier job for them. Is it
> possible to get the triangle pieces from say Bavarian or the
> dealer without the tweeters installed? Any insight will be most
> appreciated.

 I did the same thing, and then decided to use the mounts that came
with my new tweeters and mount them just inside the door pocket toward
the front.  That way, I didn't have to remove the stock tweeters, and
my new ones were closer to the other front speakers where they really
belong.

- --
 "It is an honor to be Cookie Monster."
   -Sesame Street spokeswoman Audrey Shapiro