<E38> New ICV valve Canadian Exorbitant price!!!

Hey All,

SInce I now know that the ICV valve is the culprit for the hunting idle
(tapped on it while idle was jumping and car went back to normal idle, and
everytime it does that the tapping on the ICV stops it) .. On recommendation
from several, I went to price out a new ICV valve for the car, and almost
coughed up my lunch when I was told a new unit would cost me $275.00 plus tax
(total 15% on top)  in Canadian dollars.  Thats about $190 US.

On a recently returned student's budget,. that is a bit crazy, so I guess I
have to settle for a used one. Anyone ever rebuild one?  it looks like you can
get it open to properly clean it out..
anyone try that? success? failure?

Cheers
Ron Jordan