ZF box info request

Last post - I'm still desperately searching for someone who can help me.

Does ANYONE know of someone who is a real expert on the ZF 4HP22 box?

If so please let me know!

Greg

I have a non-electronic control version of the ZF 4HP22 4 speed box with
the usual lock up in 4th gear.  I have a full rebuild kit (A clutch gave
up, need to do the mod/stator/Teflon seal and going through the box
while it's out) a 2nd oil cooler to go in series after the radiator
cooler and an in line filter.  While it's out I'd very much like a
modification that will improve my use of the car a great deal as I do a
lot of gentle twisty road driving at around 50mph, including some light
towing.  I need the torque converter to lock up in 3rd in these
conditions, in 4th it only locks over 55mph and brings the engine revs
very low (I have a 3.07:1 rear I believe) meaning I'm churning oil most
of the time I'm driving and it's not the best drive.  I don't mine even
putting a valve in and having a manual override to lock the clutch up
while leaving the selector in 3, any method automatic or not would be
good if I can select lockup when rolling around the 50mph mark.

If anyone is familiar with these boxes and can share some thoughts I'd
really appreciate an email.  I'm sending this to a couple of lists so a
copy of email to me would be good as I won't be sub'd to all the lists!

Many thanks in advance,
Greg (UK)