  From: Lapitan,Edwin
  To: 'bmw@domain.elided'
  Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 7:59 PM
  Subject: Problem with mystery light

  Need your help in identify a mystery light that appeared in a friend's
  dashboard (e28 528e).  It's a green light that looks like this "<- ->" (2
  arrows facing opposite directions, left and right).  If I remember
  correctly, it's the first light from the left on the row of indicator
  lights.  Thing is, it only appeared after we replaced the the brake disk
and
  brake pads.

  Although it doesn't seem critical (it hasn't stopped the car from working
- --
  knock on wood),
  we'd like to know what the light stands for.  It may indicate a problem
  that's not readily apparent but still important (life threatening).

  That's it.  Thanks for all the help!