Zf Slush Box

The issue of the "A" clutch packs frying themselves was remedied on the '87
MY trannies as I recall.  As with most slush boxes, your pays yo money and
takes yo chances.  Regular fluid and filter changes are reported to help
maintain the health of these boxes.  I have two, one at 135K miles and one
at 121K miles and both are so far fine.  On the other hand, I have had GM
trannies go out before 100K miles.  I'll take the ZF box any day.

Bob Duckworth