Re: bmw-digest V9 #2171

Eugene.

The OBC (On Board Computer) has nothing to do with the idle.  It does have a
code feature that will prevent the car from starting, but that's it.
Disrupting power from it may result in lost setting like language and avg
speed, avg. mpg, etc...  I believe you are confusing the OBC w/ the ECU
(Engine Control Unit) sometimes referred as DME.

I don't think the ECUs are adaptive on M20 motors.  Therefore this should
not have any effect on your idle.  Check your battery connections. Otherwise
something else is causing the problem.  Or maybe you remember the idle being
smoother than it actual was.

t.