<E28> lurking secondary problem.. hunting idle

Hi All,

Well now that I am back on the road, after dealing with the ICV issue. I
noticed this weekend on the way to my camping destination that the car (85
535i) started that high idle issue again.

Symptoms:

- -Car starts and idles at around 1000 rpm and doesnt drop even when warm.
- -Sort of feels like a stuck choke.
- -RPM at idle stays at between 1000 and 1100 and sometimes hunts below that to
normal 600 rpm rhythmically up and down. sounds a bit embarrasing when you are
stopped at a light.
- -If you give the car a shot of gas to shoot up the rpm, and then let go, it
will drop down to normal idle speed approx 600 rpm for a moment and then
return to the 1000-1100 rpm area.
- -The Car will pull itself along without gas due to the higher idle speed and
it's a bit of a pain to downshift, or drive at lower rpms as the car bucks a
slight bit due to the higher rpm.
- -I have checked the throttle linkage and the butterfly area on the throttle
body for a jam, and it's not jammed at all. So I am thinking its a throttle
position issue.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
Ron Jordan