RE: <E36> Tires

- -----Original Message-----
From: Anup Lakare [mailto:alakare@domain.elided]

> ... NTB folks said that my car absolutely needs H
> rated tires.
>
> Can anyone in the group let me know if it is really
> necessary to put in 'H' rated tires or can I also
> put 'T' rated tires which are not so expensive
> given that I don't race the car and am not looking
> to make any tight corners.

If you look at the tire specifications for your car,
it probably does call for H-rated tires since your
car is probably capable of reaching a speed in the
119-130 mph range.  BMW has to specify a tire rated
for that speed to cover their own butts, and NTB is
probably merely doing the same.

In my opinion, you could probably do fine with an
S-rated (112 mph) or T-rated tire (118 mph) as long
as you keep it under 100-110 mph...

Heck, my 535i is rated at 146 mph and I slap Q-rated
(99 mph) snows on it for the winter.  I just make
sure to keep my speeds below 100 with those tires
on.  ;^/

Sorry I can't offer specific tire model advice...

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner