RE: RE: Squeaking Metal Master Brake Pads on my M Coupe

Dennis, it appears that your first priority is  low dust.. apparently seconded by low noise..
While it does not appear braking performance is an issue, I'll provide an option that should
be in line with the aforementioned goals, while also providing useful stopping capabilities
on the street, and at DEs for the novice or possibly intermediate student...

The Performance Friction"Z" pad is my recommendation... I imagine that they are
more expensive than the Metal Master options, but IMHO they will be better for
spirited driving, while having *very little* dust, and I have not had a problem with squeal..
I have a few friends with E36 M3s that have used them as well and agree, with their
main caveat being that they are not up to the rigors of heavy duty DE use (in which a track
pad is preferable in any case)..    I was able to purchase my "Z"'s at Autozone, which is
a bit pricier than many options, but they do offer a LIFETIME Warranty in which they will
give you new pads when you bring in your used up old pads.... I was able to get one
"free" front set of pads before they stopped carrying them for the front of my car, at which
point they gave me a (!) 100% refund (!)  when I went to get a second replacement!    I still have
the Z's on the rear, and will swap them  soon for my second set of "free" rear pads which
are still available.. You may wish to check if they carry these for your  M coupe...

With regards to silencing your noisy metal master pads, without buying replacements,
I would recommend simply reinstalling them... You can also use the "goop" on them,
which should be available at Autozone or other auto parts places for under $3.

Good luck!

Mark Williams
Dallas, TX
91 ///M3 2.5L