Re: Main Relay

Thanks,

Bob wrote
>Main should be a five post relay; fuel pump and O2 Sensor heater are four
>post as I recall.

Alex Wrote
>It does sound like a sticking relay!
>Start by ordering Bentley E28 manual (www.rb.com or other sources).
>On E30, there are two places to look for relays: the fuse box and right in
>front of it/behind the driver side front wheel well where the three big
>relays are housed: {main power, 02 sensor and fuel pump}.

That is what I am going to check.  I think its the one underneath the dash.
I found several there and the wires leading out of the ignition switch and
into the loom go over near there, and behind them.. So I guess its trial and
error.  There are also 6 relays mounted to the outside of the fuse panel
under the hood.  There are 3 per side, and these are over and above the ones
inside the fuse panel for fog lamps headlights and such.  What do these
relays go for at the dealer?

Thanks again for all the pointers everyone.  Great list!!

Ron Jordan
85 535i <E28>
73 911s 2.7

  Main should be a five post relay; fuel pump and O2 Sensor heater are four
  post as I recall.

  Good Luck,

  Bob Duckworth