<MISC> re: Dealer discounts for BMWCCA members?

Aaron <aaness@domain.elided> wrote:

> I have observed that several poeple have mentioned the discount that their
> dealers give them on parts with their BMWCCA membership.  Is this a flat
> rate discount that is given by all dealers, or is it at the dealers'
> discretion?  If it is the former, how much is the discount, and if the
> latter, what do most dealers offer?
>
> I'm thinking about joining, but money is tight right now (selling a house,
> putting a roof on so we can sell it more easily, and then immediately buying
> a house).  I suspect that by spending the money, I could actually save money
> since we're racking up miles on both of our cars pretty quickly these days,
> and it's only a matter of time before stuff starts wearing out.
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Aaron
> '87 528e - 25k miles in the last 15 months
> '88 325is? - 130 miles a day
> '70 Beetle
> '82 GPz550

Dealers are independent businesses, and they do whatever they please.
Usually these discounts are worked out between the dealer and someone
from the local chapter of the club.  Prices vary and discounts vary.
If you tell us where you're located, one of us near you can advise on
the local dealer(s).

Regardless, it's hard to lose on the BMW CCA membership.  With two
BMWs to maintain you will easily earn back your membership fee in
parts and labor discounts and other valuable advice.  The club magazine
(Roundel) is worth the fee all by itself.  If the local dealer is
not a good place for parts, you can shop with the mail order dealers
and other parts vendors who advertise in the Roundel.  And the national
club and your local chapter organize events you will enjoy.  Join up at:
<http://www.bmwcca.org/aboutCCA/abtfset.shtml> or 800 878-9292.

Curt Ingraham
72 2002tii
Oakland, CA