Re: <E30>Removing Stubborn Brake lines

Vise-Grips makes an excellent tool that's tailor made for that tough brake
line fitting -- far better than any flare wrench I've ever used.

The company calls it a "locking wrench"; it looks quite similar to standard
Vise Grips except that it has a V-shaped notch cut into the fixed jaw. When
locked, the wrench clamps down on three surfaces of the flare nut without
damaging it. I've used the smallest version of this wrench (they make three
in varying sizes) to change brake hoses on three '80s-era German cars in the
last couple years and caused a leak on only one line out of 12.

The wrench is available at most major hardware stores. It WILL resolve your
frozen brake line issues! And don't forget to pick up a can of penetrating
oil while you're there.

Russ