Re: Need 1994 540i recommendations

Hello Gary:

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Gary Krumian wrote:

> Vince,
> Mann filters, as well as Mahle filters are original filters on most of
> Europe's cars.  They're built very well and not comparable to anything
> you can buy at Kragen, save perhaps for Purolator.

	Interesting.  I thought Kragen did sell the Mann filter as I can
see them showing Beck/Arnley 041-8126 and the picture does show Mann but
it's $19.99 which is probably overpriced.  How about the Bosch and the one
made by Hengst?  Also, speaking about filters, my friends question is does
the transmission filter have to be changed as well when whatever fluid in
there is changed?  If not, how often does it have to be changed?

> The original spark plugs on these engines are the Bosch F7LDCR.  We
> usually don't recommend anything other than these plugs, including any
> platinum variants.

	Are the F7LDCR the same as what's known as the Bosch Super since I
noticed in the Bavarian AutoSport catalog, the pictures all show Bosch
Super.  I thought the other plugs like the NGK High Performance would
actually make the car perform better but as with anything, the wires
probably need a larger guage to be able to make use of it.

> As for shocks for modified cars, Bilstein Sports and Konis rank pretty
> much equally except for the fact that Konis are adjustable.  Dinan has
> his Bilstein shocks modified according to his specs but there isn't much
> of a science there.  I special order shocks like these from Bilstein
> directly for some of my customers.  Bilstein charges about $60 per shock
> to have them calibrated to whatever spec desired.

	Interesting.  I know my friends car has Koni shocks that were done
at Dinan in Mountain View, CA and the car is making bumpy noises.  Does he
need new shocks or is there a way to actually fix them for less?  Since it
seems to be about $600 to get all new shocks.

> Let me know if you have additional questions.

	I haven't been to your website yet but do you guys pay for
shipping after a certain amount or can a FedEx/UPS account be used?

> Regards,
> Gary
>
> Inter Auto Parts, Inc.
> Parts and Accessories for European Automobiles
> http://www.interautoparts.com

Cheers,
Vince - vince@domain.elided - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin