e36 water leak

I just noticed a water leak in my 93 325 is.  There seems to be a drain hole
on the underside of the front bumper, dead center left to right. The water
didn't feel greasy, like coolant, and I had been running the a/c for about
20 minutes in city driving. Still, it seemed like an exorbitant amount of
water. Does the a/c drain into that area? Having 78,000 miles on the car,
I'm worried about the infamous water pump failure. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.