stalling problems

Hello All, I'm hoping to receive some help from the list regarding a problem
I'm having with my 85 325e. I have been experiencing a stalling condition
upon tip in. The car starts and idles ok, but intermittently stalls when the
throttle is actuated. This is especially relevant upon quick inputs or hard
accelerations. The air meter was replaced recently and the throttle position
switch is brand new. Is this a know behavior? Any help or guidance on where
to apply my attention would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much,
Erik Koehler