...Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 18:28:06 -0400
From: "Ric" <rlb1@domain.elided>
Subject: front end vibrations

Hey all.

Wokring on sorting out a vibration in my front end on my 1991 E30
M42 318is.

Here is what is new or recent:
Control arms
Bushings
shocks  (bilstein sports)
springs (intrax)
tie rods inner and outer
Tires last fall
sway bar bushings

Wheels are straight when you eyeball them, but I haven't measured
them
I cleaned and re lubed sturt beariung.  Feels good.

I have a steering wheel vibration that is only apparent when
slowing from freeway + speeds.

Just a jiggle in the steering wheel.  Not an all over car shake.

Around town is not an issue.

If I try to feel for a brake pulsation at slow speeds I feel no
feedback through the pedals.

Not sure if related...but steering shaft seems to rattle on
gravel surfaces at slow speeds.

Here is my short list:

Rotor (but my gut says no as I never feel a pulse at lower speed)
Wheel bearings
Thrown wheel weight
U joint in the steering shaft (?)

What do you think?  And thanks in advance!!!!

Ric