Re: ECU Number's? E30

Kyle Sanchez <bmw_92510@domain.elided> writes:

>I read my ecu number of my Monotronic unit. It read as
>follows ECU# 0 261 200 153. What is this off of?
>Anyone in the phoenix area got one laying around that
>they don't need? Any help is great.

 The "153" Motronic unit came on the 87 325i/is and the 88 325i/is
up till build date 2/88,  then from build date 3/88 the newer improved
"173"  unit was used.     These two are interchangeable but the 173
supposedly has a better idle circuit.   I see these for sale on the BMW
E30 Network message board and E30 Roadfly message board fairly
often.   You might also post a wanted ad on the E30 Mailing List....

Randy
89 325is