Re: Brake Lining Light

David,

Most likely, one of the wear sensors is bad, or the wiring to one of the
wear sensors is faulty.

There is a wear sensor on the inboard pad of the left-front and right-rear
brake.  Check the condition of these wear sensors.  Also, you can unplug the
wear sensor from the wiring harness, and use a wire to jumper the two
contacts, to see if the light goes out.

If the brake pads have plenty of life left in them, then most likely the
wear sensors were not replaced when the pads were replaced the last time.
Wear sensors are cheap - less than $10 each, from your dealer.

If you DO end up replacing a wear sensor, cut off the old sensor, but save
the plug, and solder the two wires together to make a "tester" for future
brake sensor tests.  Or, if you do track events and use track pads, replace
the wear sensors with these wire jumpers when you install the track pads.
You won't need the wear sensors for the track weekend, and it'll keep the
BRAKE LINING light extinguished during the track events.

- -rb