Wierd idle

I was driving to my girlfriends today after work, and as I was sitting
in Seattle's rush hour traffic on 520 and I was noticing that every once
in awhile I would accelerate and when I put in the clutch and stopped
again my idle would stay at 1500-2000 rpm almost like the gas pedal was
stuck or something.  I pumped the gas peddle once every time this
happened and the idle dropped back down to about 600-700 rpm.  Anyone
heard of this or know what was causing it?

Eric Schoonover
1987 325iC, 92000 miles

End of bmw-digest V9 #2128