<E28> Opinion on Pela oil extractor

Hello all,

A few questions:

1- Has anyone used the 'Pela' oil-extractor?  Those unaware of this device can
see it at: http://www.pelaproducts.com/

I'm thinking of getting it and wanted opinions.  The unit works by inserting a
flexible tool where the dipstick usually resides and pumping the oil out of the
engine.  My questions for those who have used this are:  How much, if any, oil
is left after pumping - does the dipstick go right to the bottom of the oil
pan?  I suspect that having a tiny bit of oil left over is okay - as I change
the filter often (and I'm using Mobile1).

Any thoughts?  Am I crazy for even considering this route for 'easy' oil
changes?

2- I still have the original metallic - black diamond paint on the 535.  There
is a lot of fading on the trunk lid and on the roof.  All other body panels are
almost perfect. Questions: What is it that is causing this 'faded' look?  Is it
the deterioration of the clear-coat (what I suspect).  Has anyone successfully
been able to wet-sand and re-apply a clear-coat without damaging the underlying
metallic paint?

Kind regards,
Persi Kanga
'87 535is - 191k miles