re: 323I upgrades

re: 323i upgrades:
Sounds like you are looking to buy horsepower, but what you really want
for improved acceleration is _torque.
    The only way to get major increases in torque is with displacement.
    Despite what every tuners dyno claims are, the best you can get out
of your motor is 15% total improvement even with every bolt on component
type perfectly dyno tuned and reprogrammed to match each other.  The
improvement in zero to dixty times would be a few tenths at best.
    Also, I suggest timing 60 to 80 MPH in third gear for more
measureable and reproducible timing results.  No abuse on the clutch
that way either.  My 97 //M3 has dropped from about 3.3 seconds when box
stock to about 3.0 seconds with some usual external enhancements.  If
you double the 60 to 80 improvement, that is about what your 0 to 60
improvement will be.
    In the past I used to squeeze out 318s to 325 and faster speeds.
Based on those experiences, I suggest that you will still only have a
base model with a lot of costly add ons that increase the resale value
of your car virtually nada compared to what it would for an //M or 330i.

    My suggestion, is to get either an E36 //M3 or an E46 330i,
depending on what you like.  Either one gives you the acceleration you
want, and then some, right out of the box.  You also get the drivability
that no smaller displacement motor will give regardless of the bolt ons
you give it.
My //M3 cents worth,
'jk