e36 advice requested

[this is your list administrator, returning to active participation at
least for a little while, from my "work" email address.]

my wife and i are looking at getting out of our current pair of rather old
(1977, 1985) diesel benzes by the end  of the summer. while she's thinking
in non-bimmer terms, i'm thinking pretty hard about a 4-6 year old E36,
probably a 325 or 328. i'd appreciate hearing any thoughts from current or
former owners of these cars about the right way to go.

i'm leaning towards making use of the fact that i have relatives in florida
and north carolina to assist in getting a southern car with little or no
previous salt exposure.

this would of necessity be a 4 season car, so M3s are probably more than a
little impractical (not to mention outside of the budget.)

email to me, off list, and i'll summarize.

thanks in advance,
  richard
- --