BMW Wagon 5 Speed

Nameless wrote "The time has come to sell the trusty two-door 325 to make
way for something a bit larger for my
growing family.  I always had it in my mind that when this time came, I'd
buy a used Volvo
station wagon because it had a lot of the qualities I wanted:  roomy and
boxy, safe, reliable,
relatively quick, and a manual transmission.  After looking around a bit,
I've found that the newer
Volvo wagons are a bit smaller than they used to be and the majority of them
have automatic
transmissions.  The few manuals I've found go very quickly.

Thus, I've turned my attention to the BMW wagon.  Quite a bit more
expensive, but, again, I have
had trouble finding a used one with a manual transmission - in fact, I've
yet to see anything but
an automatic 5-series wagon advertised for sale.  My question:  does BMW
sell a 5-series wagon in
the US with a manual transmission?"

BMW 5-Series wagons (6-cylinder 528i, 525i) definitely come with standard
transmissions.  We owned a '99 for 3 years with 5-speed and loved it.  Much
better performance than the auto. Suggest you be patient and look hard.

Jay Kenty
'97 M3 Coupe
'01 525i Stick