re: Subject: Unsupportive driver's seat in 95 M3

The right rear side of my drivers seat actually buckled when I pushed
my shoulders up against the top of the seat to raise my butt and
retrieve a coin Id dropped onto the seat.

I bent the seat back into place, but had to repeat that procedure a few
times over the next two months and the right-rear corner became weaker
and weaker.  Solution was to repair by removing seats back cover,
sawing two lengths of two solid <curtain rod poles and wedging them in
to span the entire height of the right-rear corner of the seat.

With this rail brace in place, the seat can still do all of the
adjusting its supposed to and upper seat support has been restored.  I
probably wouldnt want to push too hard against the top of the seat, but
the seat is totally functional.

Might work for you?

Tom Borden

1988 528e