Re: 1987 wheels and tire replacement

In a message dated 4/11/02 12:38:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

> My questions are:  Could one of the front tires be defective, could the
> absence
> of the centering rings on the back hubs cause issues with the
> front/steering,
> does it take a few days for the tires to settle out, or am I being too
> fussy?
> Of course, DiscountTireDirect.com is very helpful...but they don't really
> have
> the answer....they said that they would take care of it if it lasted a few
> more
> days without settling out.

I also bought some Nitto extremes for my E36 M3. When I had them mounted the
shop commented on what excellent balance and build they had.
I'm guessing that the better ride has turned up the vibration. This happened
to me on my E28. Discount rebalanced them several times. Wherein I went to 7
series fluid filled bushings on the front thrust arms the shake, which
occurred at 58 mph, went away forever.
If you are not familiar with this fix check the e28 archives.
Fred Callender RMC