RE: <E28> 1987 Wheels and Tire replacement

- -----Original Message-----
From: Persi Kanga [mailto:pkanga@domain.elided]

> Two days ago, I installed 4 new wheels/tires (from
> DiscountTireDirect.com).  We've established that all 4
> wheels are in perfect balance, however, I still get a
> very slight shimmy from the steering wheel between 55
> and 62 MPH...

How have you established this?  Unless they used a Hunter
GSP9700, there may still be issues with your wheels/tires
that cannot be seen on a traditional spin balance machine.
Go here for more information and to find a place that has
one:

http://www.gsp9700.com/

Of course, there may be other issues, like worn components
in your suspension that will amplify even the most minor
imbalance or out-of-round condition when using wide, low-
profile tires.

Good luck,
Mike Kohlbrenner