RE: K&N question

>>	I read somewhere that the filtering capabilities of the K&N were
>> less than optimal for a street driven car.  Okay for a race engine
>> that gets rebuilt frequently and where every last 0.25 horsepower
>> is required.  I was directed to the ITG foam filter instead.

My 1996 328is has had a K&N filter in it since 1997 (when it had about 8K
miles on it).  It now has 95K miles on it (only about 6K of them track
miles), runs great, doesn't burn a drop of oil, and makes good power.

I don't know what sort of bad things the K&N is supposed to do, but I
haven't seen them manifest themselves in my car.

- -Al
1996 328is
BMW CCA Club Race #328 JP