E30 wiring guru advice sought

Yet again I ask for help from the group. (E30 325i '89).

While working under the dash (steering wheel side) I noticed a
red/yellow lead that's just dangling in space. Nearby (but I think too
near to be related) is another red/yellow lead but this one is at least
enclosed in a plastic housing. It looks as it the first lead belongs in
one of the large white connector blocks. However this is only a guess.

I could just tape this lead up as everything seems to be working ok - so
if it ain't broke etc! But a bit worrying and I can't think that BMW
would just leave a cable unshielded like that in mid-air :-)

I have a picture of all this at:

http://www.telmek.net/pics/connector.jpg

Opinions/light/knowledge gratfully received.

Thanks
- -John