RE: Installing Alarm and Universal garage door remote

UGDO is very easy:

http://www.bmwnation.com/ARTICLES/diy/bmwut/bmwut.html

Note that there are different parts depending on whether you have a
sunroof.

Alarm is almost as easy.

Factory instructions (will come with alarm):

http://www.circlebmw.com/service/access/9416520.htm

DIY instructions with nice pictures:

http://e46fanatics.com/faq/alarminstall/index.html

You will have to take the car to the dealer to get the alarm
programmed...

Those are good prices.

- --Jonathan
01 M5 (came with all that stuff)
02 M3 (did not)

> Before I buy an alarm and universal garage door remote for my
> 2002 325I does anyone know how hard/east it is to install
> these?  I have been looking through the ads in Bimmer
> magazine and I have found the alarm for $219 and the remote
> for $149.  Are those reasonable prices?  Any comments would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> DaveO
>
> 2002 325I
> 93 Laser Turbo (commuter car)