Busted radiator (who knows what else?)

Hello All
My radiator blew up this weekend while driving home. The part where the hose
connects to the upper part of the radiator broke off in the hose and blew
coolant all over the engine bay which caused it to smoke. Before I looked
under the hood I didn't know what had happened. Upon closer inspection I saw
the hose with the radiator piece still clamped on it broken off. I let the
car cool down some and drove it home the rest of the way(about 1/2 mile to a
mile)I know I probably should not have done this but I did not want to leave
my car at that location and no shops were open at this time of night for me
to have it towed to. I hope I did not cause further damage like blowing the
head gasket.
My questions
- - Is it possible to somehow weld that plastic piece back on to the radiator
where the hose connects to it as a temp fix (my guess is no but I am not
sure)?
- - Is there anyway I can tell if I blew the head gasket(visual inspection
without removing parts, error codes)?
- - If the radiator is replaced what else needs to be replaced along with
it(water pump,thermostat, hoses) or can the old parts be used?
- - Can I replace the radiator with a used one or is this not recommended?
Where is a good place where I can get these parts on the internet?
- - If my water pump needs replacing whhat kind is recommended, plastic?
- - what might have caused this to happen in the first place?

Any help on these questions are greatly appreciated.
thanks
Paul '95 M3