Tires for 92 525i...again

    I had pretty much decided on a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE
950's...until I called the local (MD) Radial Tire shop with whom numerous
local BMW chapter folks deal.

    A seemingly knowledgeable fellow asked me how I  had decided on the
Potenzas and when I explained that I had done my research on the
Tirerack.com and picked the tire with the highest rating for wet
weather/light snow use, he was very persuasive in dissuading me from
purchasing them.

    Yes, of the tires the tirerack.com had available for my 525i, the
Potenza's were perhaps the best choice, said he, but I could do a lot better
if wet weather handling was foremost among my requirements.

    He recommended a Dutch tire maker, Vredestein.  In particular, their
Quatrac, for $92 per tire with a BMW CC discount.

    I looked up Vredestein on line and apparently they are the last
independent tire maker in Holland.  All the other tire makers there have
been bought up by the big boys.

    Anyone ever heard of or use Vredestein tires?

    Many thanks,

    Seeker
  __o
_ \<_