Re: Early M30 cap and rotor FS

Hi folks --

I got an eBay bargain the other day, an M30 cap and push-on type rotor for
my '83 633, for $31 shipped. One problem: it doesn't fit my car as the PO
must have updated its ignition system.

So I'd like to get my money back out of this. The cap is Bosch with the part
number 1 235 522 320 molded into the cover. The rotor has a "Made in West
Germany" sticker on it but does not appear to be a Bosch product. There is
absolutely no sign either part has ever been used.

I believe the parts should fit M30 engines in '82 through some '84 5 and 6
series BMWs, assuming their ignition systems have not been upgraded. The cap
alone goes for $75 or more at a lot of mail-order parts suppliers.

All inquiries welcome -- just email me off list.

Russ Maki
Ixonia, Wis.