Re: Fuel Smell in 84 325

You don't give many details. Do you notice it in the garage? Is it leaking on
the ground?
My 84 5 series started to smell up my garage. There are several connections
in the engine bay down near the driver footwell. They are steel to fabric
covered rubber and back to steel tubing. The rubber tubing gets old and tends
to seep when it is cooled down, hence the smell. The correction is to get
down in there and tighten the hose clamps a bit. The tubing is still good.
Fred Callender RMC