Re: Wiring question

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Paul & Diane Graveling wrote:

> Can anyone help? I have an '88 E30 325i and I need a wire around
> the dash area which I can use to supply an LED only when the key
> is in the 'Off' position. (Not the 'accessory' position but
> completely off, key removed). I've found a fused +12v line which
> is permanently on, and now I need the switched negative side.

 You can use an accessory supply wire to run a teeny relay to
energize the LED from the NC contacts only when the car is off.
You'll need access to a hot, accessory, and ground wire to make this
go of course.
 I'm not aware of any sources that go live only when the car is off.

- --
 "It is an honor to be Cookie Monster."
   -Sesame Street spokeswoman Audrey Shapiro