good shop in Palo Alto

People often post with complaints about their dealers, etc. I thought I'd
post a recommendation about the shop I go to. I've been taking my e36 to
Palo Alto Bimmer in Palo Alto (near San Jose). Good shop, attentive to
details, and reasonably priced. ($380 for Inspection II with synthetic fluid
- - Dinan was in the $500+ range, and added extra charges for things like shop
rags. Last time I checked Stevens Creek BMW it was $600+.) I just went there
for the Insp II, and mentioned that I needed a smog check. He mentioned that
he doesn't have the license to do smog checks, so I figured I'd have to take
it to a gas station. When I picked up the car, he had taken it to a gas
station to get the smog check done, only charging me the gas station's fee
and nothing extra for the time. Not only that, but he took it to a place in
Mountain View that's cheaper than Palo Alto's gas stations. Not bad.

BMWCCA members may have seen the article in the latest Roundel about the
trip in a 6er. That author mentioned that he took his 6er to Palo Alto
Bimmer as well.

My post on E46 problems elicited more discussion of the E36 problems, so I
guess that there's no real endemic flaws. Good deal - even my Nissan
Sentra-driving wife has decided that she likes the E46 better than a Lexus
IS300. Reliability is the BMW concern vs the Lexus, but it looks like it
should be pretty good.

Greg