RE: aircon - fixed!

some people have all the luck...brrrrr

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Noordien, Igshaan
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 3:34 AM
To: 'bmw@domain.elided'
Subject: aircon - fixed!

Hi People

Had a problem with my aircon not switching on.  Checked at the valve
under the hood and no gas/pressure present in the system.  Had it
pressurised at a shop and had a big fat leak coming from just behind the
front bumber.  Turned out to be my aircon condensor that was shot -
replaced condensor and filled up with gas and voila! I now have icy cold
air!  (a blessing in 35degree Celsius weather stuck in peak hour
traffic!).

Anyway, total cost was R1,250 ... that's about U$113  :-(

Regards
Igshaan

'92 320 e36 (small six)
Cape Town, South Africa