fuel pressure regulators

So I've been thinking about upgrades.  I've already got summer tires on
16" rims (and tires to handle the MI winters) and Bilstein shocks.  I
was thinking that the next step would be a metal impeller water pump and
a Conforti chip.  It would seem that the opinion on the M3 exhaust is
that it isn't a huge improvement and that I shouldn't do anything with
the air filter unless it is a complete solution with a separator and
cone filter.

What about a fuel pressure regulator though?  Someone mentioned this as
one of the first performance upgrades...

Cheers,
Brent
'94 325is "ROUNDEL"
BMW CCA member