Rear Quarter Panel Rust

Hello all,

I have an 89 325i that has some rust in the rear quarter panel in the area
behind the rear wheel below the bumper.  This piece was added to the quarter
panel in the late 80s.  As far as I can tell, there is no seam and the part
below the bumper is part of the quarter panel.

Does anyone know of a good repair plan for this area?  I was thinking that I
could possibly get a skin for this area.  I know that there are some skins
for over the wheel well, but I have not been able to find anything for this
area.  Anyone know if they are available?  My other plan was to install a
rear skirt that was made for a pre '87 325i to cover the area.  This is
probably the more expensive option.

If anyone has any experience or can provide any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Gregg

End of bmw-digest V9 #2059