Increased Compression?

I don9t know where JK took physics, but think about it...

Yeah, if there is carbon (or a dome, or a melted top of a spark plug  did
that once  or whatever on a piston it decreases the chamber volume.
However, the chamber volume is increased on the intake stroke, as well as
the compression stroke.  Assuming the intake pressure is at one atmosphere,
the compression ratio would be the same with or without the reduced volume.

Also, as DASUTO said, it increases detonation.  Sorta becomes a 3glow plug2
on top of the piston.  When the fuel-air mixture starts to burn before the
intake valve is completely closed, you tend to lose the advantage of all
that 3increased compression.2

Unless I9m missing something...

Mark Johnson