RE: Carbon on the pistons

It also promotes detonation....

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
jkerouac@domain.elided
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 12:03 PM
To: bmw digest
Subject: re: Carbon on the pistons

re: Carbon on the Pistons
    I'm not so sure that carbon buildup on the piston tops is such a bad
thing.
    Maybe some racers can concur on this: I prefer to leave the carbon
on the pistons when I had the head off.  Since the chamber volume is
effectively decreased by the buildup, the compression is therefore
increased, and since it's due to normal wear and tear, in a stock legal
way, too.
'jk

- --