From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Ryan Braithwaite
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 7:17 PM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: Exhaust Comparison

I would like to hear from digesters who have had experience with the
following free-flow stainless exhausts:  B & B Tri-flo, Active
Autowerks, Borla and UUC Motorwerks.  My 1994 325i could use a new
one and I love that dual 3" tip look.  I don't mind a loud sound if
is 'throaty' (whatever that means).  Cost is not that important.

Also, my car has a Dinan Chip, but is otherwise stock in the engine
department.  Will the addition of a free-flow exhaust improve
performance or will it essentially be a wash.  I would rather not
return to the stock chip due to the governor and rev limit, but would
be interested in any experience with custom chips, such as those
offered by Bav Auto or BMP.

Finally, if anyone has pictures of the above exhausts installed in a
325 or other E36, I would love to see them for comparison purposes.
I also would like to see how a DTM style exhaust, such as UCC and B &
B offer, would look on the car.  If so, respond to my address, as the
list will remove attachments.

Thanks,

Ryan

1994 325i with a stock exhaust that is eating itself alive.
http://greetings.yahoo.com

- --