Re: 1997 328ic

Ryan Braithwaite <brahtw8@domain.elided> wrote:
> I am helping a friend search for an e36 convertible.  I found a 1997
> 328ic w/47k for $24k.
>
> Anything to watch out for on the 1997s?

Ryan,
Nothing specific to the '97 model year.
Have a competent mechanic do a thorough pre-purchase inspection on the car
and see what shakes loose.

> Does the 1997 M52 motor have the plastic water pump impeller?

Probably not.
The problematic plastic impeller was installed only through 06/96
production date. Check your car's production date, but chances are you are
in the clear.

> Does anyone have any experience with Bensenville Motors located at 7
> E Irving Park Road, Bensenville, IL 60106?
> Can anyone recommend a good BMW dealer or (preferably) an independent
> shop to do a pre-buy inspection?

Sorry, but no.

good luck,
alex f