Schrick 288 M20 cam for sale

Hello all,

Cam is out, cleaned up and ready to go to a new home.

Cam is question is a Dr. Schrick 288 degree, 11.4mm lift cam for any BMW M20
head including the 320/6, 323i, 325i, 325e, and 528e.  If used in an eta
engine, you will have to have the three extra cam bearings drilled by a
machine shop.  If used in anything but a 325i motor, you will have to
upgrade to dual valve springs (quite inexpensive).

This cam has less than 30k miles on it and was originally installed with new
rocker arms.  Never seen anything above 6k, never abused, raced, tracked, or
taken to a driver school.  It is in near flawless condition.  No scoring or
pitting of cam lobes.  One bearing has very minor scoring.  When installing,
I would recommend using new rocker arms.

This cam will work great in a 2.7L 323i conversion with stock K-jet or
Porche k-jet and will idle fine.  Should work pretty well in a 2.7L "i"
motor with Motronic though it will probably have a poor idle and possibly
poor response below 2k.  Incidentally, cam duration effects are reduced by
increasing displacement.  This can be compensated for using an adjustable
fuel pressure regulator and/or a custom chip.  This cam makes tons of power
above 4500 in the upper end, and will benefit immensely from oversized
injectors and other engine modifications.

Obviously, running this cam with a carb will work beautifully and will HAUL.

Personally, I removed it because I wanted to have a daily driver that was
happy putzing around town in third gear at 1800 rpms all the time.

Pics are available here:
http://www.onid.orst.edu/~whiteheb/camend.jpg (you can kinda make out the
Schrick logo)
http://www.onid.orst.edu/~whiteheb/lobes.jpg (see how the lobes look.. shiny
where the old rockers ran, but there is absolutely no wear ridge)
http://www.onid.orst.edu/~whiteheb/fullcam.jpg (smaller sized pic of whole
cam)
http://www.onid.orst.edu/~whiteheb/fullcamlarge.jpg (full sized so you can
see plenty of detail)

This cam sells for $640 new from Bavarian Autosport.  Make me a REASONABLE
offer.  If I don't receive any reasonable offers, it will go on ebay in a
week.  Contact me privately at whitehbr@domain.elided.  I will take any pics
you want and tell you anything you want about the cam.

Thanks for listening,

Brandon Whitehead
1979 327i
www.e21bmw.net