Go karting, autocrosses, driving schools, tours, rallies, pizza, beer.

And. . .

Annual Winter Tour to Prototype Technology Group
Saturday, January 19, 2002
Time:  8:45 a.m.
Start:  Chantilly, VA
Snow Date:  To be determined

Come join us on our annual tour to PTG.  We will meet in Sully Plaza,
along Route 50 in Chantilly, Virginia.  At 9:00 a.m. we will begin
our caravan along Route 50 to Winchester.

The tour of Tom Milner's PTG, 23,000-square-foot facility will begin
at 10:00 a.m.  PTG has campaigned the BMW M3s with great success in
IMSA, USRRC and ALMS competition.  In addition to the M3 racecars,
hopefully, we will see a variety of historic BMW racecars that BMW-NA
entrusts to PTG for maintenance and transportation.  We will have a
close-up look at the new BMW M3 GTR as it's prepared for its upcoming
race.  If you have any doubts about whether the tour is on or not
(because of bad weather), call Steven Schlossman at 202/478-0768.
There will be a special message if cancelled.

Please RSVP no later than January 12, preferably by email, to Steven
at steven@domain.elided or by phone, 202/478-0768, so we can give
Tom a head count.

Note:  Bring FRS radios if you have them.  It will make the trip more
enjoyable.  Bring an extra radio for someone else.  We'll use channel
13 for ///Motorsport.

Additional note:  Bring your helmet and gloves in case we decide to
do some gokarting at AllSports Grand Prix in Sterling on the way home.

DIRECTIONS TO THE START:  From the Capital Beltway (I-495) in
Virginia to Exit 49 (I-66 West) to Exit 57B (Route 50 West).  Right
into Sully Plaza, not Sully Place.  (Northeast corner of Centreville
Road and Route 50).  We will meet between First Union Bank and KFC
along Route 50.  Gas and coffee near start.

...steven