Rear wheel removal

First off, thanks to all who responded to my head bolt question and of course I have a new question!

Recently my car (89 325ic) developed a bit of a front end shimmy and a pulsating brake pedal. So following the advice of the list I replaced my front brake rotors two weekends ago. This seemed to help quite a bit, however after driving it a bit I still wasn't quite satisfied so I decided to again follow the advice of the list and swap my front and back tires (thinking it was a balancing prob.)

Here is my question, I couldn't get the right rear wheel off! How do I do it? I had the car up on jackstands and gave the tire a rap with the heel of my boot, but no luck! I swear I have a least rudimentary mechanical skills (I did the rotors myself) but this has me scratching my head. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

1989 325ic
Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctionsfor all of your holiday gifts!